27 must do´s in Linköping
There are many things to see and do in Linköping! We have gathered some tips that will help you to get the best out of your stay any season! If you want to download the checklist and print out click here >>
– Hike the official Östgötaleden trail and see nature come to life after winter sleep. Or any of the other beautiful nature reserves in Linköping and Östergötland.
Read more about Östgötaleden here >>
– Visit “the Riddarspelen” at Ekenäs Castle in May. Nice to see tournament and medieval festivities at the picturesque castle.
Read more about Ekenäs slott >>
– Enjoy a guided tour and learn more about Linköping´s history.
Read more about Linköpings guideklubb >>
– Experience the beautiful Kinda Canal! Go jogging/take a walk around the canal and stop at the outdoor gym in Snugganparken.
Read more about Kinda Canal here >>
– A must in Linköping is to visit the Open Air Museum (Gamla Linköping) to see what Linköping and Sweden used to look like a hundred years ago. Also possible to spend the night at charming Hilma Winblads B&B.
Read more about the Open Air Museum here >>
– Go swimming at Stureforsbadet (10 km south of Linköping) or Viggebybadet (25 km south of Linköping). There is also a manmade lake in the middle of Linköping called Tinnerbäcksbadet.
Read more about Tinnerbäcksbadet here (in Swedish) >>
– Try kayaking! Rent a kayak at Linköpings kajak or Vårdnäs Stifsgård. Why not pick some blueberries while experiencing nature!
Read more about renting a kayak in Linköping here >>
– Challenge yourself and try the amazing treetop adventure Höghöjdsbanan with hights of 6-8 and 11-14 meters.
Read more about Linköpings Höghöjdsbana here >>
– Lots of events in the city at the big annual festival Linköping´s Stadsfest 20-25 August 2019.
Read more about Linköpings Stadsfest here >>
– Visit Bergs Slussar (only 10 km´s north of Linköping) to see the mighty staircase locks and most famous part of the Göta Canal, the blue ribbon of Sweden. Watch boats on the canal, join a cruise, play miniature golf, enjoy a nice meal or an ice cream! Rent a bike at the tourist information office and explore the surroundings!
Read more about Göta Canal and Bergs slussar here >>
– Pick 7 kinds of flowers and take part in the celebration and festivities of Midsummer (midsommarfirande in Swedish)
– Enjoy ice cream at the most famous ice cream place in Linköping -”Bosses glassbar”. You must try it!
– Enjoy a good meal around the main square”Stora Torget” and feel the summer vibe.
– Go to the city park Trädgårdsföreningen or hike the Tinnerö nature reserve to experience autumn colours. Very beautiful! naturkartan.se/linkoping
Read more about the Swedish nature here (in Swedish) >>
– Have a Swedish “FIKA” at a nice café to escape rainy or windy weather.
Read more about cafés and bakeries in Linköping here >>
– Shop for Swedish interior design, clothes and much more in the city center or at Tornby shopping area i-huset.se or at the Open Air Museum (Gamla Linköping).
Read more about Linköping City here >>
– Go to a concert or experience an event.
Read more about concert in Linköping here (in Swedish) >>
– Watch a soccer game with the women’s team of Linköping (LFC) playing in the highest league.
Read more about LFC here (in Swedish) >>
– Get a closer look at architecture at “Vallastaden” – The Swedish urban living area exhibition which took place here in 2017.
Read more about Vallastaden here >>
– Sauna – try Nordic lifestyle with a classic sauna. Available at Vårdnäs (in Swedish) >> or Amundebo Södergård/Ulrika >>
– Try ice-skating indoors at Ispalatset and outdoors.
Read more about winter activities in Linköping here >>
– Don’t miss trying cross-country skiing at Vreta Ski Center
Read more about Vreta Ski Center here (in Swedish) >>
– Watch a hockey game with the Linköping Hockey Club (LHC) whose womens´ and mens´ teams both are in the highest league.
Read more about LHC here (in Swedish) >>
– Try Swedish cuisine at a nice restaurant!
Read more about Linköpings restaurants here >>
– Visit the Swedish Air Force Museum (Flygvapenmuseum).Tells the history of the Swedish air force.
Read more about the Swedish Air Force Museum here >>
– Watch the celebration of Lucia (Dec 13th) at our magnificent cathedral Linköpings Domkyrka for example
– Visit the Open Air Museum (Gamla Linköping) for Christmas markets and find out more about Swedish traditions.
Read more about the Open Air Museum here >>